Thursday, July 10, 2008

What about those who don't play well with others?

What do we do with the teachers in our buildings who only see things the way they want to see it? I know, communicate with them. But here's the thing...most of "those people" don't want to communicate. They want to be right. I find myself getting frustrated with people who are so married to their own personal philosophies that they can't hear anyone else's. I don't want to cram my opinion down anyone's throat, but I would like to at least open the lines of communication so that we could at least begin examining our underlying assumptions and address them in ways that will be beneficial for the students. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Hear the bull sing said...

get everyone else to play first; then the obtuse philosopher will want to join the game.

Table Number 5 said...

How about this one Leigh? An objective without a plan is called a dream.